Cate Blanchett: 2015 Oscars
Renya Xydis shares the secrets to Cate’s modern style at the 2015 Oscars. “This year we took a modern approach to the sophisticated low bun style. To balance her high-cut neckline we added volume and body in the front and sides, sweeping the hair up to compliment her beautiful turquoise necklace.” – Renya Xydis as told to VALONZ.com.au
To get Cate’s look, simply follow these steps:
1. Start with freshly washed hair using Wella SP LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Mask to nourish the hair.
2. Prime hair by generously applying Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion and comb through.
3. Blow dry the hair using a cushioned-brush to create body and lift at the roots.
4. Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz on the roots of the hair for texture and Wella SP LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir on the mid-lengths and ends to smoothen. Blow dry hair again to set the products and create more volume.
5. Create loose waves and movement with a large barreled wand to give the hair shine and definition.
6. Liberally spray Sebastian Re-shaper Strong-Hold Hairspray and tease the crown area.
7. Rake fingers through the hair, gently pulling the hair into a twist and pin at the nape of the neck.
8. Finish the look with an all-over mist of Sebastian Shine Shaker to add shine. And by the behind-the-scenes shots it looks like the most fun was had. Oh, what we’d give to hang out with these two.